Editing

Next week is spring break and we are currently scrambling to get everything together at the very last minute. Tomas and Arianna will be out of town and not available, so we need to film any mistakes, fix any sounds, and re record anything in the following few days.
We have worked on a couple drafts and everything seems to be looking good. My main worry is coming to fruition and I have talked to arianna about it. Arianna is our editor and is doing an amazing job, but the first video she showed us, had music playing in the background and move relatively fast, I expressed to the group that it just look too much like a music video or trailer to me and that I was not happy with it. The whole point of our portfolio project is to have a FILM OPENING, I feel like we have the footage for a film opening but if it's used in the wrong way it will come out looking like a trailer.
In order to make it look like a film opening we need to slow down the rhythm and pace of how our cuts move and how our sound blends in to the environment. I also though we could mix in some drone shots of where we actually shot the fight scene. It might be hard to get another group of people to show up to film, but we can always establish the shot with empty grounds. It's been done before on very famous movies.
That's my idea. I'll keep you guys updated.

Comments

Popular Posts