Constructive Criticism

THURSDAY 03/07

Today was the most productive day I've had during this project. We got to meet in small groups of 6 to discuss our ideas with different minds.
Wow did I need this.
To be honest I found myself completely lost in the pre-production process. I felt like I wasn't doing enough and at times my ideas just were making the final cut, but sitting down with a different group of people I learned two things.
1) My group is way more advanced than all my other classmates
2) OTHER PEOPLE SHARE MY THOUGHTS TOO.
Being able to process my insecurities about this project allowed me to look at it through a different light and gave me a clearer vision on what I want my portfolio to be. I feel like this meeting made me much more confident in this project.
My doubts were about the professionalism of this project, as previously stated, but talking to my classmates allowed me to see that with our execution of this opening we will keep the high school film concept, but further it allowing it to look better than usual. That is my final goal.
The last point I discussed with my group was the use of the woman as the boxer to break the stereotypes. Given the whole group was girls but me, they agreed. I'm quite satisfied that they like this idea, I've been skeptical about presenting it to my actual team, but now I think it could actually work. This would satisfy my need to break a stereotype, I strongly feel like this would make our opening much more interesting and stronger. In 2019 I feel like a successful film needs to have a strong empowering message. So I'll be asking my group over the weekend. Hopefully they'll like it.

Like always, Jonathan !

Comments

Popular Posts