What are we going to do?

So it's happening. We finally started the actual process of putting together our film opening. We had an idea that we had been planning mostly all year. Now that we all sat than and talked it out we are considering new options and different routes. We viewed some of the projects from last year and looked at how they embodied their genres. The group was slightly interested in a horror movie theme, but the way I see it, it's a fine line between actually horror, and just plain funny. It's clearly an amateur project and taking the risk of coming of as childish is not something I'm willing to do. I looked into it, surprisingly on wikihow, I found some tips as to how make a good horror opening. I looked further into going into the Raindance website and looking at their professional requirements for a horror movie. It seems extremely difficult to adapt these essential foundations into a small 2 minute clip. That was a clear sign that there is no way we can do this professionally enough to impress. So we go back to the planning board. I researched mainly on action movies, the way I see it, a quick fast paced two minute opening will be easier than trying to establish fear. At the same time, I promised myself going into this project that it would have meaning. I refuse to make a meaningless film. I need to portray some sort of social commentary and that is my essential goal in this project. So I'll talk to the group, rethink our ideas, and come back with a more clear idea of what it is we are going to do.

“13 Steps To Making A Horror Film.” Raindance, 21 Nov. 2018, www.raindance.org/13-steps-to-making-a-horror-film/.
wikiHow. “How to Write a Horror Movie.” WikiHow, WikiHow, 1 Nov. 2018, www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Horror-Movie.

Comments

Popular Posts