In my media portfolio I would like to represent women in fields that are predominantly male related. I think it’s such and important topic to speak about and to continue to push for equality. We need to be the generation that bridges the gap and end the wage gap. Everyone deserves same acceptance and reward for their careers and goals. I want to use my creativity and outlet to push for gender equality and to strengthen women’s perception in society. It’s really important to show women in a positive light, as many media outlets dehumanize women and make them less than their male counterparts.
In Kill Bill,  the main protagonist is a woman which fully disregarded the status quo of male protagonist in action Movies. I think it was a great movement towards equality, many action movies used women as side kicks or as secondary characters but Kill Bill made the whole movie about her and her Revenge. This is also seen in the movie Salt, where Angelina Jolene plays an Russian asset embedded in the United States Government. She is shown a strong lead and the actions  she takes are not scene womanly. She is fierce and strong, throughout the movie she takes on “big” “scary” males and defeats them with ease. It embodies a perfectly badass persona that is willing to take any challenge that comes her way.
In my opinion women are incorrectly represented by media. Many outlets paint a picture of a weak character that depends on a male to save them. It’s seen in all genres and types and its honestly disgusting how women are projected. As horrible bosses, started of problems, as wife who cheat. This is is the image our misogynistic society receives of women and they fully taken on these incorrect assumptions in political debates and day-to-day decisions.
I would like to embody a strong women figure who can do anything she sets her mind to. A badass protagonist who defeats society’s standards and changed the opinions of many. I want her to be the first to accomplish something great and influences young girls to strive for greatness and equality. I believe everyone deserves an equal opportunity and I want to fully portray that in my Portfolio.

Comments

Popular Posts